A transactional email is an automated email sent from a website, web, or mobile application. These emails are the responses to specific actions by a person on a website or an application.
They are real-time responses triggered by the user when they perform an action specific to the website or application, for example, a purchase or a query on the website. Transactional emails are commonly used in e-commerce, the banking sector, delivery services, social media platforms, etc.
Password reset emails, confirmation emails, package tracking emails, shipping confirmation emails, etc., are examples of transactional emails. These are the non-marketing informational messages sent for making the client informed about their actions. The emails are directly sent to the registered mail id of the client.
The service providers provide transactional email service to automatically help organizations and businesses send transactional emails to clients and customers. They enable the companies to create and customize transactional emails, which can be set through proprietary software.
An Application Programming Interface or the transactional email API provides the applications access to an email platform’s functionality. Using these APIs, the businesses can generate and send custom transactional emails meant for a specific customer.
The firms can update the shipping status, order details, booking status, package tracking, login prompt, etc., to the customers and keep them in touch. An email API enables businesses and firms to use an email marketing platform to send transactional emails.
Transactional email API offers extra levels of security and high levels of good email deliverability. The email APIs use API keys that only allow the business’ application or website to perform the email tasks.
Why transactional emails?
- They are extremely helpful in improving customer experience and satisfaction. These emails make customers updated with recent actions and services, and automated updates are provided anytime, 24×7. It allows both the business and the customer to save time from making phone calls.
- Transactional emails can help to increase sales opportunities. As they are automatically generated and sent to many customers according to their actions on the website or mobile application, their reach is very high. Though they are not promotional like the marketing emails, the transactional emails have an indirect relationship in the increased sales level. They can open the emails to gather information about the services through the updates and can take action. This type of customer engagement will indirectly help promote the products and services of the business firm. The firms can brand a message by adding the company logo, symbols, or images to make it more trustworthy.
- They are helpful to keep the customer updated. The safety and security of the personal account can be ensured through transactional emails. The sign-in details, password reset notifications, etc., are helpful to track the protection of the customer’s account on the website. The event reminder emails help them check on the upcoming events, offers, etc., without fail. Shipping status emails, order confirmation emails, etc., are excellent ways to increase customer satisfaction.
- It saves time and money. Tracking everything manually and making phone calls is a burdensome task that takes more time and money from the customer. Transactional emails help in saving both through automated processes. The information transfer is very efficient and fast in this system, compared to the traditional means.
- Ensures safety and promises transparency in services provided by the businesses and organizations. For example, the transactional emails sent from the banks or delivery services on the amounts credited or debited from the bank accounts will enhance the assurance and trust between the service provider and the client. The real-time information about the goods provided by the delivery services also leads to customer satisfaction. They are personalized and one-to-one responses that are not promotional and safeguard confidentiality. The emails are sent to the registered email address of the customer, and the information like OTP’s, password resets, order receipts, etc., are not transferred to a third person and efficiently manages confidentiality.
Transactional emails efficiently transfer information from the sender to the receiver, be it the password resets or the account creation details. They contain crucial and adequate information about the actions of a specific customer, which is non-promotional. Unlike marketing emails sent in bulk and loaded with promotions, transactional emails are sent to a particular person based on that person’s on-time interactions. Moreover, business firms can make the transactional emails much personalized by adding the customer’s name to them. Business firms can make use of these emails to ensure customer satisfaction and transparency in services.
Follow Techiemag for more Technology, Business, and Digital Marketing News.